Thursday, October 30, 2014

Happy halloween 2014! Why Glinda the Good Witch?

Happy Halloween!
Bonnie as Glinda the Good Witch!



Here's me as Glinda the Good Witch, as I was dressed for a meeting earlier today.

I chose to dress as Glinda, for I felt we had something in common, although my husband Dan thought I should have been dressing in black and wearing a pointy hat ... hmmmm.

WHAT do I have in common with Glinda?  No, not her ageless beauty, unfortunately, or wisdom born of centuries of experience, but, we both help people to find their way home.  It doesn't take ruby slippers, but just taking a moment to truly see the little things we take for granted, and understand the value of family, the power of love.  

There are no flying monkeys at my Studio 
(do moving stars count?), but there is some of that all-powerful wizard stuff in the ideas I bring to the set, and the technology I use to create my art.  The yellow brick road is the planning consultation where my clients share with me what their everyday life together looks like, the activities they like together, the skills, talents and interests that family members have individually, and the relationship they share.  They are always surprised how easily the conversation becomes a footprint on that road towards the well planned and orchestrated image I will craft for them, one that illustrates their story.

Oz has those great ruby slippers, and so, we have that meaningful portrait created, the gift I give to my clients, to keep forever.  Whether it is a series of images that are used to create one of my signature custom written and illustrated StoryBooks for them, or portraits for the wall, the moments captured have a candid and casual feel of family moments that will be enjoyed over and over again, no matter the continued march of time.

This young family portrait, for example... it will all too soon be the wedding day for this little princess, and I feel certain that this portrait will continue to be treasured for years even beyond that day.  I can imagine her own children looking at it in awe, can't you?



So anyway... just wanted to share why I identified with and chose to dress today as Glinda from the Wizard of Oz.  Perhaps I put too much into a simple dress up day, but well, it WAS a business meeting... haha.

What did YOU dress up as today, or is it happening tomorrow for you?  And tell me too, why you picked the costume that you selected.  It's always fun to hear the story behind the costume.

If you're starting to think about what a special portrait would look like for your family, please visit my website or facebook page, and then, call me (603-883-2517) to talk.  I love hearing what's important to all of you - it's inspiring!

As Glinda, I leave you all with this very true and well-loved quote.. yes, say it with me... "there is no place like home"!

Sincerely,
Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment